Young Researchers Awards
One of the objectives of the DORPV conference is the promotion of junior scientists and the fostering of state-of-the-art research. For this purpose the Young Researchers Award (YRA) has been established.
Young researchers have the opportunity to enter this prestigious competition for scientific excellence, where outstanding scientific work can be presented at the DORPV conference. A jury consisting of the DORPV Programme Committee members grants the awards based upon an oral and poster presentation for the top presentations, respectively following the below listed YRA reviewing criteria:
- The work is original, not published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the abstract submission deadline
- The research has relevance for DORPV conference areas of interest
- The presentation (oral or poster) has been carefully prepared, it is using appropriate and high quality visual means and is well organized/structured
- High quality of technical presentation of oral or poster (delivery speed, clearly audible, varied tone, confident delivery, pointer use, correct use of scientific terminology)
- The background and relevance is clearly described
- The work is innovative
- The methodology is sound and the data are solid
- There are quantitative data in the presentation, the study has enough power and appropriate statistical tests have been performed to underpin claims on significance
- There is a clear conclusion or take home message at the end
- The work either has a high impact on the area of research or has a potential high impact in the future (e.g. development of new methodologies that will generate new knowledge)
YRA requirements and award
All requirements must be met within the requested deadlines to successfully apply for the YRA:
- Conference registration fee paid before the registration deadline for presenting authors
- Signed YRA application form submitted before the deadline for abstract submission
- You are 30 years of age or younger at the time of the MSA conference within which you apply for the YRA
- You are a postgraduate student or a PhD student at a university or you have graduated less than 2 years after your PhD
- Only one abstract can be submitted as first author to apply for YRA
The sponsor of the YRA offers generous award to support upcoming researchers.
YRA application form
In order to apply for the DORPV Conference Young Researchers Award 2021, please download your YRA application form and return the filled in and signed document to Organizing Committee through e-mail to email@example.com. A word or pdf file of the YRA application form must be e-mailed before the deadline for abstract submission.